Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yarn Karma

See that cute little old lady standing between me and my mom?
Yeah, watch out for her. Because in reality, she's only smiling that nicely because she's sure that, any second now, I will drop that scarf that's wrapped around my shoulders and it will be HERS.

The Scarf of Rage (shortened from its project title of Pure Unadulterated Neopolitan Rage, for those who have access to Ravelry and want the full backstory) actually turned out to be quite the success, with several people asking where I'd gotten it and if I was in the mood to make another. This continues to surprise me, considering the original was spawned from 6 particularly craptastic days I had last spring. The scarf project was supposed to act purely as stress relief; any end products would be an extra bonus. And it worked; I did feel infinitely better after cranking out a five foot mass of wool/silk blend. I just didn't expect to have my Great Aunt Anne following me around my cousin's bar mitzvah when I wore it in public, shouting over the music as to how pretty it was, and oh, wait. What? Had I made it for her?! How sweet! We couldn't drop the subject until I promised to make one for her as soon as I got home.

So my mission for tonight is to make decent headway on this guy:



which will probably be dubbed the Scarf of Joy (or something equally as cheesy). I'm trying to finish it up as quickly as the last one, as Anne seemed to be pretty serious about her own shoulder covering being the only thing standing between her and finished object theft. As I left the b'nei mitzvah afterparty, the last thing she said to me was, "You're going to have a lot of happiness in your life soon, sweetie. I can just feel it. Oh, and don't forget about that scarf!" I'm sure she meant for the two comments to be taken in separately, that the completion of Scarf #2 has nothing to do with my future happiness. That'd just be silly, right?

Still, today was an awfully nice day...better make tonight a high caffeine/knitting productivity night. Can never be too careful.

No comments: